Requirements for the H-3 Visa

Green card attorney in Cambridge, MAH-3 visas were developed for the purposes of allowing foreign nationals to enter the U.S. to receive job training that is not existent in their home countries. H-3 visas are given only in certain limited circumstances. An immigration attorney can help you determine whether an H-3 or other visa is better suited to your needs.

Meeting Eligibility Requirements

H-3 visas allow individuals who otherwise would not be allowed residence in the U.S. to enter and stay for up to two years at a time to receive on-the-job training. It is important to keep in mind when applying for an H-3 that it is expected you will return to your country afterwards and use your skills in a field there.

An applicant for an H-3 must show that he has sufficient educational/vocational background and experience to be successful in the training. An H-3 can be useful particularly if the training is expected to last for longer than six months; otherwise, due to the comparative difficulty in obtaining the H-3, it may be in an applicant’s best interest to apply for a B-1. Your immigration attorney can help you assess which visa to apply for.

Advantages of an H-3 Visa

An H-3 does carry specific advantages, such as:

  • You may be able to perform some work in the U.S. while the visa is in force.
  • The length of time of the visa’s approval can be adjusted to fit the length of time the training is expected to last.
  • Your family can reside in the U.S. with you during this time and travel outside the country.
  • Your children will (actually must) attend school here.

For Legal Assistance

In certain cases if you need to come to the U.S. for job training you may be granted an H-3 visa. For assistance with an H-3 visa or another immigration issue, contact a Woburn immigration attorney at Ionson Law: (781) 674-2562.

This entry was posted in Immigration. Bookmark the permalink.