Woburn Massachusetts Immigration Attorney on How to Get a Green Card as an Investor

Each year, the U.S. government issues up to 10,000 visas to investors. If you are a qualified investor seeking a green card, your Woburn Massachusetts immigration attorney can help you prepare and submit the application and evidence of your investment.

Eligibility Requirements

People who invest in a U.S. commercial enterprise may be eligible for a green card. You may qualify if you invest $1,000,000 in an area that suffers from high unemployment or is rural. Depending on the economic situation of the area where the enterprise will operate, the investment may be reduced to $500,000. You must also plan to create or preserve ten permanent full time jobs for U.S. workers. The investment cannot be in real estate or stocks; it must create an active new business. You may qualify if you purchase an existing business so long as you restructure it to create a new enterprise.

If you meet the qualifications, the government will issue you and your family a conditional green card for two years. After two years, you may apply again for permanent residency. The USCIS will approve the application if the new business is still active and there are still at least 10 full time U.S. employees.

Documentation Needed

You will need to submit the following evidence with your application:

  • Two passport-style photos.
  • Form G-325A, Biographic Information.
  • Copy of government issued photo identification.
  • Copy of birth certificate.
  • Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa.
  • Copy of passport page with admission (entry) or parole stamp.
  • Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record.
  • Certified copies of court records (if you have been arrested).
  • Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.
  • Applicable fees.
  • The approval notice for Form I-526 (Form I-797).
  • Business plan.

Family Visas

Your application may include your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21. Your entire family is counted towards the 10,000 visa maximum.

Contact Us

Getting a U.S. green card is a serious matter and the procedure can be complex. For assistance with your visa application and answers to your immigration questions, call a Woburn Massachusetts immigration attorney today at 781-674-2562. Our Woburn Massachusetts immigration attorneys are looking forward to learning how we can assist you.